The National War College Alumni Association, founded in 1979, works to organize forums and seminars across the nation as it strives to helps its alumni grow their knowledge in military strategy and US policy.
The National War College Alumni Association is an active organization of graduates, faculty and staff. The objectives of the Association are first, to foster continued interest in the work of the College, and second, to maintain and strengthen among the friendships and mutual understandings developed while attending the College.
The Association organizes several Washington, D.C. and Regional Seminars several times during the academic year with outstanding public and academic leaders as guest speakers.
The National War College Alumni Association is an independent 501(c)(3) charitable, educational organization. The National War College Alumni Association is a non-federal entity. It is not a part of the Department of Defense or any of its components and it has no governmental status.
- Supports NWC Student Social & Athletic Programs;
- Supports NWC Student Academic Programs with end of course Awards & Recognition;
- Supports the NWC Student Spouse's activities;
- Supports NWC Writing Program and End of Year Writing Awards;
- Supports NWC Faculty Development & Faculty Recognition Programs;
- Supports NWC New Faculty Orientation Program & Faculty Off-site;
- Supports NWC Staff Recognition Programs;
- Supports Alumni Forums and Regional Seminars;
- Supports Alumni Days;
- Supports class reunions;
- Supports communications through email and social networking;
- Published The National War College - A History of Strategic Thinking in Peace and War